Friday, November 11, 2011

Erin Would Be Proud

My 11 miler today was full of hills.  Not the cute rolling hills, but long stretches of massive inclines.  One after another after another.  I purposefully made the course hard because it was my last double digit run before my thanksgiving half marathon.  Well, around mile 9 I started running up a street I never had before.  I'd driven it, yes, but y'all know incline is totally different on foot.  I turned a corner, realized it was yet ANOTHER crazy long hill.  I stopped.  Looked at the hill. Shook my head and shouted

DAMMIT

then, I strapped on my Erin-hills-are-fun-mojo and ran up that sucker. 

Cussing AND running hills, I truly channeled you today, my friend.  

2 comments:

Kara said...

How is Erin doing! I have this blog on reader so that I can see your amazing work and I follow Loris and Amandas blog!

Erin said...

Good for you! I am so very proud of you hills and cussing are two of my favorite things :) Kara I am going good- not running hills by any means but I can walk up stairs carrying a load of laundry :)