Thursday, January 3, 2008

Meet Lori

I’m Lori. I live in Utah with my awesome husband, Van, of 7 years, my two little girls Jaylee (5) and Reagan (1). I luckily married my best friend. We've known each other for forever it seems, which makes our life so much fun. Our girls keep things quite entertaining, full of many things, and provide us opportunities to learn and grow. We love to travel, watch funny TV, play games, hang with those we love, and keep busy entertaining our children. For the time being I have the opportunity to be a stay-at-home Mom, which has its stressful days, but overall I’m grateful that “home” is my job. My husband works as a Medical Technologist and has recently been accepted to Physician Assistant school, he’ll start that summer of 2009. In my previous life I relished in research. I graduated in History and English and worked as a researcher/editor. I’m a N.E.R.D. I love learning random things. Which only makes me even more OCD about studying workouts and finding new healthy alternatives.

I love to do anything active; whether that be running, lifting, hiking, biking (well… I’m trying to like biking), playing with the kids outside or just going for a nice walk… I like to moooove. While I'm mooching off of Van's income, working out is my only outlet.... so I run hard and participate in marathons and half marathon as much as I can. I love food, especially creating new healthy meals, I’m rather obsessed actually with figuring out how to “health-ify” each meal. . Although I give into my vices sometimes, it really comes down to the fact that I feel so much better mentally and physically when I'm living healthy, eating right, and consistently exercising.

My thyroid was obliterated in 2004 due to Graves Disease and ever since losing weight has been a continuous struggle. The last few years my goals have centered around race distances rather than intense weight-loss driven workouts. My goal for the next year is to lose weight (35-40 lbs) and inches (4 in)…. and complete my first triathlon. Tally ho!!!

No comments: