Sunday, February 7, 2010

New Goal

Hey Ladies.

You know how we've been cutting out the refined sugar in our home for Miss J. Well, I've decided I just need to take that extra step and dispose of all the extra crap that is in our home.  I think I've focused too long on eating "healthy" that I've actually been eating worse.  Let me explain.

A lot of the famous chefs, or even people in my life who truly 100% LOVE food are thin, healthy, and seem to get the nutrients they need.  Why? Because they aren't completely focused on it! They love food and eat when they are hungry... most importantly? They MAKE their meals. 

My new attitude... to embrace the fact that I love food.  I'm gonna allow myself to enjoy it for once in my life without feeling guilty (yes, Erin, I'm hearing your lecture from the women's clinic in my head).  How does that coincide with my goal to lose weight and firm up?

Well, I'm not going to deprive myself.  If I want something sweet.  Awesome! Only rule: I have to make it. I figure within the 30-60min it takes me to make it if I am still craving it, then I deserve to it eat it.  If it's not worth making it, then I won't.  I'm not longer going to buy all the crap frozen dinners even IF they are on sale.  I'm going to make everything.  Yup. 

I'll be checking in on this here blog to let you know how it's going and if I stumble upon any amazing recipes you just have to try.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Honey, You just answered a question that I had! I like cooking but I was thinking the other day if I making something with you know cream of chicken soup is it any healthier then eating out?