Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Speed Will Kill You

I can always tell when I'm really getting into training again because speed training starts. Not only is it hard to get out of bed in the morning, but on days that I'm doing speed training my body tries to revolt and trick me into staying in bed. It's scared of what crazy workout I'll put it through. ;) However, if I'm ever going to reach my goal of a 1:45 1/2 marathon speed training is a must. Lori has been awesome in making me do it thus far, and I feel like I've been getting a good workout in. This morning, because of her broken foot, we went to the gym so that she could bike and I could speed train on the treadmill. I remembered the treadmill speed workout kicking my butt, yet today I think the treadmill actually cut it off and handed it to me. It was a great workout, but I'm pretty sure I looked like this when I was finished.
I could actually wring sweat out of my hair. Ewwwww. I know it's good for me and even though I'm tired I do feel like I got a great workout in. I just wish I could convince myself to be able to do these types of workouts on my own. I'm going to have to find the motivation. Afterall, I will be alone soon.....

2 comments:

Lori said...

you did awesome friend! i know it was a hard workout, and you killed it! way to go! starting this far out on speed training is going to make a HUGE difference.

and for what it's worth, I liked that you could wring sweat out of your hair. ;)

Erin said...

Good Job I have forgotten to ask you...which 1/2 is going to be the 1:45 race?