Friday, February 6, 2009

Brick Workouts. Woah.

I'm a day late and a dollar short, but here it is.  Yesterday my workout:

2 mile run
45 minute spin class
30 minute swim workout.

yup.  all the same morning.  it kicked. my. butt.  but it made me excited for the triathlon.  i know i have it in me and the fact that i can do that workout two months before the triathlon means i can totally do the triathlon.  soo... yay.  

in other news.. i've decided to be proactive with my health once again.  i am trying to find a specialized dietician that can help me with my insulin resistance/carb intake.  i am finding it hard to maintain my diabetic diet needing the carbs for endurance sports.  i'm talking to my doctor on monday to see if she knows of a nuritionist that specializes in sports...hmmmm... thoughts?

Abbie and Jennifer, I'm writing up a post answering your questions... give me one more day.  :) 

2 comments:

Kara said...

I used to work in the same clinic as a endocinologist who worked WONDERS with stuff like that but I don't know if that is a step you want to take! Her name is Dr. Maturlo and she is in provo! If that close enough to you!

Erin said...

One of my best friends from high school is a nutritionist...I will ask her if she knows anyone who specializes in what you are looking for- in good old O-town :) you got this! If you come to the doc in provo...we can play