Saturday, May 31, 2008

Back In the Saddle Again....

Yes... me and running... we're friends again. We're atleast cordial. Amanda and I went for a 5 miler-ish this morning and let. me. tell. you. what.

We had forgotten---but quickly reminded--of the power that is the trail. No matter how in shape you are that dang trail kicks. your. butt. GRRRR. So, we snaked the trail, ran down 29th looped through our favorite streets (sad... that cute house on Marilyn was sold....not that we could've afforded it anyway...), I was introduced to Amanda's dream house on Jefferson (Erin, you'll die when you see it) and then ended up at Golds Gym. YES.

pause

pause
let it sink in....

Not ONLY did we go for a 5 miler, we LIFTED weights directly AFTER the 5 miler. We. Are. Rockstars. Both of us felt like crap by the end, Amanda was ready to puke and we both went home and crashed. Something about not working out that hard in ....uhhhh.... two weeks? I took a 40 minute nap and Amanda glued herself to the couch reading "The Host." That, my friends, is what you call instant gratification. Too bad ALL workouts can't end with a nap.

It was good to get out and really run again. The Wasatch Back is in 3 weeks, eeeep! I will end up running a total of 13.3 miles in 20 hours (they are talking about switching me to Leg 1 to run 19 miles since I just finished the marathon...hmmm...that'd be fun). Fun. For. Me. Did I tell you which leg I was doing? I'm "runner 9" Holy cow. Check it out here. Look at my final run, yaaah, it's only 3 miles...but look at the elevation change... can we say STEEEEEP!!!!! Anyway... good times. good times. I'm blogging this for both Amanda and I cause she's too busy to ever post on Tres Amigas anymore....something about being "on vacation" and then "needing to work" and now getting ready to "maximize" something or another... I really don't know, they all seem like LAME excuses to me. ;) :) (Muah Manda)

How was your Saturday run, Erin?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Silly Lori, the house is on Jackson! Good times, good times. I love house runs. Sigh.

Lori said...

Argh! That WAS Jackson! I called it Jefferson when we were running it too.... Lame.....