Tuesday, July 1, 2008

ThiS mOrNInGs rUN

Thankyou to Lori's good morning call- I was able to wake up and clean my oven and go for a run all before work!! Here is a riddle for you what do a Fox and Jr. Football team and sprinting have in common...well let me tell you...running! Today I tried something new- I took Alli with me but let her off her leash, I would run until I was a ways ahead of her, and then sprint back to her. The funny Dog every time she would see me running towards her, she would sit down and wag her tail- then I would give her an encouraging pet and we would do the same thing all over again. I think it worked pretty well. I have stopped taking my IPOD running with me during the week-(since I am trying to have more "reverent" time in my life) While I was listening to the birds...and out of the field pops a FOX...he dashes through the road right in front of me- slides under the fence and runs through the following field! I have only seen a fox like that two or three times, and in third grade I wrote a report about Foxes on my Grandpa's Ranch..ever since then I have loved them :) After my exciting sprinting/fox run. I was stretching and this 13-14 year old boy ran by..I thought he is a trooper what 13 year olds do you know that run at 6:30 in the morning, by the time I was finished stretching another 6 or 7 boys ran by, the last few were wearing football shirts so I am put two and two together...and who ever thought there was nothing to do so early in the summer- as much as I hate the heat I love early morning summer runs. Thanks Lor for the good morning call...sorry it didn't work for you- but it works wonders for me!

4 comments:

Lori said...

oooh! i'm so glad that the phone calls are motivational for you. i need to start lying tacks on my bed after i get up to turn off my alarm clock... that might do it. :)

i think that's an excellent plan you've got going with alli. she's hilarious! who knows, maybe she'll get back in shape with his new regime. ;)

Lori said...

not lying. laying...or in otherwords...putting tacks on my bed.

good grammar lor, geeeeeez.

Erin said...

Funny I didn't even catch it I totally read laying...but then we all know how I struggle

The Killer Bunch said...

Way to go girl! I use to get up around 5 to go to work but for the life of me I feel like I'm being punished if I have to get up before 7.