Monday, November 10, 2008

Week One Wrap Up

Hi everyone. I weighed in this morning and I have lost 2 lbs. Woo woo. Yay for me. I know 2 lbs is small, but I'm hoping to keep it up! Last week was a hard exercise week. I was sooo tired and sore, but I feel like I'm doing it, I'm pushing hard. I tried to only have one treat a day, and that quickly turned into lots of treats everyday. My new goal this week is NO treat until Sunday, when I can have one serving of whatever treat I want. (I'm thinking pumpkin pie..yummmmm)

I feel good about working out every day. It definitely makes you tired, but I feel like that's the only way to see the results. I am becoming a true believer in interval training. That is what they preach at Basics and I can see the wisdom in it. Here is an article that explains the benefit of mixing cardio and lifting weights in intervals. I about killed Amanda introducing her to the the new philosophy of interval gym workouts... but she still likes me even if I make her muscles shake and her tummy upset. Right, friend?

This is my workout schedule for this week:

Monday: Basics (workouts posted on their blog)
Tuesday: Trail tempo run with Manda
Wednesday: Basics
Thursday: Body Combat class with my brother
Friday: Lifting/Cardio with Manda
Saturday: Trail run with my girls!! YAY!

My nutrition goals:
  • 3 fruits 3 vegetables daily
  • no carbs with dinner
  • only one serving of caffiene free diet coke daily
  • no treats until sunday,
Wish me luck!

No comments: