Saturday, April 12, 2008

20 Mile Success!

Hey Ladies. Even though I complained my way through 20 miles I feel so happy that we did it. I will never, despite my best efforts, be as fast as either of you...but man...you two are awesome training partners...always keeping tabs on your slow friend....making sure I was okay (until the last 1/4 of a mile...tee hee hee). I felt very loved and knew you two would keep pushing me to the end, thank you! I loved the stories...we produce such random ones on our long runs... they were fun to listen to until I could no longer stay close enough to enjoy them. Then me and my Ipod were BFF's. Pretty sure I'm going to have permanent hearing damage from my possessed ipod...yes yes. I loved that Erin thought we were running on the wrong side of the street and that Amanda talked me out of wearing shorts (gold star to you, ps) I'm so proud of you two!
YAY! We did it!!!
And of course, no blog of mine is complete without... pictures!
Us Before the 20 miler...approximately 6:30 am. (before we knew the pain)

Us after the 20 miler ... unable to move from where we collapsed on the front lawn (we were fully aware of the pain)


So happy to have you two as my running partners! I like you. Awwwwww.



Just for running log's sake... the last two weekends it seems like I'm hitting a minature wall between miles 7-11. Thoughts? Should I take GU earlier? Eat something different? It seems like once I get past about mile 10-11ish I seem to catch a second wind (the run to Flying J was great) and the next "wall" comes around mile 16. Thoughts? Hmmmmm. Blog about how your 20 went!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You guys are amazing! Sometimes the thought of my 3 mile runs are hard to motivate me to get out of the house. When I grow up I want to be like you!

Erin said...

Lori...just remember running is eaiser when the path is slightly declined- just run down hill and there is no worries!

Love ya :) and you are my Captain and my running hero because you give it all you got all the time- and thats not something I can always say