Sunday, April 20, 2008

My dog is slow

Ladies I apologize for the love I have for my faithful pup- she is not a running dog and is offically retired- but thanks for hanging out while I took her to my grandma's- I felt good about yesterday just like the week before I was able to push it to the end- I have decided the last three miles of every training run is the most important to me. I love the purple gatorade and am glad the garge picker-upper on Park Blvd. didn't take our drinks.I think its funny how on both saturdays no matter what we incountered we left Lori's at the same time in the morning. And I think I would run 20 miles all over again if I got to have that fun at lunch. I am really enjoying the training this time around- I have always felt everyone is a runner once you have ran far enough and long enough and yesterday reminded me of that! S
uper good luck this weekend- you will both do great.
P.S next time the weather says its going to be windy- we are running east to west instead of north to south. And now that I have brushed my teeth and am out of the wind. I can now say it was a good thing to experience in a training run.

2 comments:

Lori said...

you brushed your teeth? i personally l.o.v.e.d. the feeling of dirt in my gums. ;)

i liked that alli was slow... it gave me 5 miles that i actually felt like i was running at a decent pace. tee hee hee. little did i know...

east to west...what a novel idea!

Amanda said...

Oh we love your pup! It wasn't a problem at all. And we might have to seriously consider this east to west thing. Hmmmmmmm......