We did it, AGAIN. I felt much better this time around (other than the knawing pain in my left leg... feeling like my ankle was going to snap off). I felt like we were able to run longer and sustain the pace even with the O-Town Tornado. Here were a few of my favorite moments from the run.
- being forced to eat "boob GU"
- the fact that we ran up 3/5 major hills and kept GOING
- choosing to be silly instead of angry at our cute bethrowed for all miscellanous reasons
- stopping to feed horses on Mountain Road
- being able to FINALLY wear short sleeves!!!!
My favorite post-race moment? Well, first of all... I LOVED Einsteins. I think it was a perfect idea and it was soooo nummmy. Thank goodness it's about 3 minutes from my house, eh? Okay... so these are highlights that I love..
- that Erin eats like a 5 year old :)
- Manda wanted me to lick her
- Erin wanted me to bite her (you two are obsessed with me...you know it. ;)
- I let one rrriiiip in public... and consequently made you both snort.
From my research online this is what I think is going on: Achilles Tendinitis. It makes sense that my shin splints and extra tork in my calf muscles maybe have created a strain on my Achilles tendon. They suggest you take a few days off. So, no running til Thursday ladies. Scary! So... it WAS a good idea to slow down at mile 15 and walk til mile 18. Sorry I couldn't do the entire 20 miles. But, I'm beginning to think that in the end it was the better choice. So, there you have it ladies! Your faithful solider was wounded in action... maybe I can get a purple heart or something... with running shoes in the middle. Hmmmmmmmmm.