Monday, April 14, 2008

I Guess it's My Turn....

Ummm 20 miles? Yah......it is as crazy as it sounds. You DO hurt as bad afterward as you think you will. You ARE as hungry as you'd think after that much running. However, you WILL BE 20 times more exhausted than you think you would be. Holy I-could-sleep-for-days batman. The run itself was pretty decent for me. Really I felt pretty good the majority of the run until we got to Boughton. Then my hips were KILLING me and I just couldn't move. After the run I was sore like I thought I would be, but it was better if I kept moving somewhat. I came home and did some house work, but hit a point that I just couldn't stay standing any longer so I layed down to take a nap. I slept for an entire 15 minutes before Jared came home and wanted to get the doors rehung on the hall closets so I got up and helped. By Saturday evening I was still feeling tired, but not nearly as sore. Sunday morning I wasn't sore at all! What happened? Pretty sure the last time I ran 20 miles I hurt for days. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just intrigued as to why I don't hurt as bad this time around. It's been 2 years since I've put in this kind of milage so it's not like my body is really used to it. Hmmmmm.....any ideas? All in all I'm just proud of us for pounding out the miles. I really feel like we're going to be much more prepared for this marathon than we were 2 years ago. Yay! 18 next week, then 20 again. We are going to own it. I wonder if this means we won't be as sore after the marathon as we were last time. Hmmm? I could deal with that. :)

2 comments:

Lori said...

no, i wasn't as sore either. especially compared to how sore i was after our first 18 miler two weeks ago. my quads are still a little tender, but otherwise i'm fine. just tiiiiiired.

i am alllll about not being as sore this time after the marathon. maybe it'll propel us to the TOU. :) (or maybe not....yes, i heard you rolling your eyes...)

Erin said...

I WASN'T SORE at ALL in fact I meant to call or text you guys to see how you felt. The only thing that hurt was my back from lifting (no a good idea)I think it was because we stretched really well at each water break... I am actually really excited for this saturday