Thursday, August 20, 2009

What I've Been Up To

I made a goal last week to workout 2 hours everyday for 6 days a week. I did all 6 days last week and am 3 days in this week. Our student loan life doesn't allow me to partake in races for the time being... sooo I've had to shift my focus from training to toning and building endurance. I'm actually kinda diggin the new workout regime. Goal one: workout 2 hours 6x a week.
the type of pictures I send to manda on the BB "shoot. me. now"

Yesterday I did a serious butt-kickin 60 minute cardio workout. A portion of it was making myself push through something that really hurt. How to do that? Make myself run faster for longer than I have since ummm I can't remember when. I set the treadmill to a 7:30 minute mile and went for it. It wasn't THAT painful until the last .3 mile. Made me all proud of myself. I made a new goal. Each time I'm doing a completely cardio-centric workout I'm going to do a 7:30 mile or less. My goal is to be able to run a 6:30 mile in 6 months from now. Just ONE mile.. and on the treadmill. I have no idea if I'd have the gumption to push my body THAT fast without the treadmill pushing me along. Soo... welcome to goal numero dos: 6:30 mile.

Goal #3? Swim 1.5 miles straight by January.

I'm excited for my new goals. It's odd not to have racing as my goal, but I'm excited to have some new goals. I'm sure as I work out more I'll be able to add to my goal list. What have you two cute girlies been up to?

4 comments:

itsallgroovy said...

I hopped onto your blog today while browsing. Great blog! I used to run (4 marathons 8 years ago) time goes by fast ladies! Keep up the good work.. don't stop for nothing :-)..I live in FL so I know humidity..Thanks for the inspirational postings on your blog. Wishing you all the best..
Mandie

Heidi said...

Wow, 2 hours, that's impressive! I thought I remembered hearing you say or reading about on one of your blogs that there is a website you have used that you can plot your runs with? My dad and I are running together and I wanted to try to plot runs so we can meet in the middle, do you know what I'm talking about? Thanks!

Lori said...

heidi it's usatf.org/routes/ and it's beautiful. i love it. :)

Amanda said...

Swim 1.5 miles straight?! That's awesome! I love your new goals. Tally ho!